Are you ready to join the S2S family? Registration is opening on November 1st!
How to Register your team
Register online beginning December 1st, 2016. Once you register online you will receive an email with the registration form to print and mail with your $650 deposit check. The deposit check must be sent with the registration form and all requested information or it will not be valid and your team will not registered for the event.
2017 Registration Instructions
- Register your team via our online registration database. As the team captain, initial the waiver statements and agree to the waiver terms. Enter your team captain information and choose to pay by check or credit card.
Please review our Divisions to ensure you select the correct division.
When selecting a team name, have fun and be creative, but please be respectful and remember that young teens may participate and children may be present along the course and/or start-finish.
- Select to pay by credit card or check. If paying by credit card you can select to pay via Paypal or “pay as a guest” and use any credit card for payment. This option will charge your card for the full registration amount at the time of registration.
- If paying by check, print the form you receive via email, fill it out completely, and mail it together with your $650 deposit check postmarked within 5 business days. (If you do not receive an email within a few minutes of registering for Spokane to Sandpoint Relay, please check your spam folder and if still not received, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.) Your team is not officially confirmed and registered until we receive your check. If not received within 7 days, your registration will be deleted.
- Pay attention to all Important Dates and carefully read all details below before registering.
- Confirmed registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If choosing to support the “Hire-a-Volunteer” program, your donation of $100 per volunteer ($200 total for a regular run team) is due by March 1st, 2017. (See the volunteer page for details on choosing to hire volunteers after March 1st.)
Your check for the “Hire-a-Volunteer” program must be a SEPARATE CHECK from your registration. This option must be paid by check as 100% of proceeds will go to the charities and community groups with whom we partner. Make check payable to Cascade Relays Foundation, PO Box 9640, Bend OR 97708. Include your team name, “S2S” and “HAV” on the check memo.
- Runners must be registered in our online database by April 1st, 2017 in order to guarantee their finisher shirt size. (Our amazing finishers shirts have to be ordered by April 1st, hence the deadline.) After April 1st, we will do our very best to provide everyone with their requested shirt size, but there are NO guarantees your shirt size will be available if registered after April 1st.
- All race communication is done via email. Please remember to send us your updated email address if it changes. Please add @cascaderelays.com to your “safe” list so that our emails do not go to spam.
Pay by Check Details
- If you choose to pay by check a non-refundable deposit of $650 is due at time of registration. Deposit checks and form must be postmarked within 5 business days of registering.
- Once you register online you will receive an email with the registration form to print and mail with your $650 deposit check. The deposit check must be sent with the registration form and all requested information or it will not be valid and your team will not registered for the event.
- Checks must include S2S, your team name, and your team captain name in the memo line (if different than the name on the check).
- You may send a check at time of registration for the full registration amount if you prefer to pay in full rather than sending a second check prior to March 1st, 2017.
- Checks must be made payable to Cascade Relays, PO Box 9640, Bend, OR 97708.
- A check for the registration fee balance must be postmarked no later than March 1st, 2017. If a check for the balance is not postmarked by March 1st, your team will forfeit the benefit of “early registration fee” pricing. Reminder emails will be sent in January, but emails don’t always reach the recipient and the Team Captain is ultimately responsible for sending the balance by March 1st, so mark your calendar now! You may send the balance at any time before March 1st in order to confirm your team.
- Run team balance – $670 early registration pricing ($790 regular pricing)
- Ultra team balance – $190 early registration pricing ($250 regular pricing)
High School Relay
- High School Relay Registration: High school registrations are accepted until July 15th, 2017. Please contact the race directors (email@example.com) for registration instructions.
- Walk Relay Information: We are not currently accepting Walk Relay registrations for the 2017 S2S, although you can fill out our Interest Form. We must have a minimum of ten (10) Walk Relay teams by January 1st, 2017 in order to produce the walk event in 2017.
- Volunteer assignments (for teams providing your own volunteers) will be announced by July 15th, 2017. Team Captains will receive an email with instructions and volunteer assignments no later than July 15th.
- The donation amount for the “Hire a Volunteer” program is as follows:
- At time of registration or by March 1st*: $100 per volunteer
- Postmarked between March 2nd and May 31st: $150 per volunteer
- Postmarked between June 1st and July 14th: $200 per volunteer
- Postmarked between July 15th and July 31st: $300 per volunteer
- The donation fee to select and hire volunteers goes up as the event date draws near as it is much more difficult to find and coordinate additional charity volunteers closer to the event date. We appreciate teams selecting and paying for this option as early as possible so we can coordinate effectively with over 20 volunteer organizations. 100% of your donation goes directly to the charities who provide volunteers for the event.
- HAV Volunteer checks must be made payable to “Cascade Relays Foundation” and include “S2S”, “HAV”, and your team name in the memo line, as well as the team captain name if different than the name on the check. We wish we were mind readers but we’re not!
- To change your volunteer status from “provide your own volunteers” to “hire a volunteer program” or visa versa, team captains must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the request. The donation payment amount is based on when the donation check is postmarked, so mail the donation check immediately after requesting the change to avoid extra fees.
- Volunteers are absolutely critical for the success and safety of this event. Therefore, if a team elects to provide your own volunteers and your volunteers do not show up for their assignment, a penalty donation of $700 must be made to the “Hire a Volunteer” program in order to receive your team finisher shirts & medals, not be officially disqualified, and to be accepted to participate in CLRG events in future years. Your team will also be required to support the HAV program in order to participate in any CLRG events the following year.
At only $110/person (early registration pricing for run teams – available through December 31, 2016), the Spokane to Sandpoint Relay is a great deal, especially when you consider S2S is a 200 mile, 36 hour experience with facilities/services provided throughout the entire race. Compare that price to a marathon for only a 26-mile, 5-hour experience and you can clearly see why relay races are becoming very popular. In addition to receiving a finisher medal, a gender-fitted technical T-shirt, and a craft beer at the finish line, we provide friendly staff, volunteer coordination, professional timing, medical support, traffic safety, porta-potties, lights, directional signs, cones, trash & recycling, contests & prizes and more throughout all 200 miles.