Travel and Food
- We have locked down a special rate of $129 per night for an Executive room for Thursday night only at the Mirabeau Hotel & Convention Center for teams who need a place to stay. Reservations must be made by 8/13/2014. Register here: https://bookitnow.
mirabeauparkhotel.com/ iqreservations/asp/ RoomAvailability.asp. Use SSR14 when making your reservation to receive this special rate.
- We also have locked down a special rate of $109 for a standard room with two queens at the Red Lion Hotel at the Park in Spokane, and a rate of $99 for a standard room with two queens at the Red Lion River Inn in Spokane. Call 1-800-RED-LION (1-800-733-5466) and request Spokane to Sandpoint Relay-RQ special rates to get this special promotional price. Reservations must be made by July 15, 2014 to receive this special rate. Rooms are subject to availability.
- We are working on the details for our pre-race celebration. In 2013, a team dinner was served at Mt. Spokane Bear Creek Lodge from 4-9pm. Dinner was $11.95 and includes spaghetti (meat or marina), couscous salad, italian pasta salad, mixed greens salad, garlic bread and apple crisp. Participants enjoyed a nice selection of beer on tap (40+ beers), music, S2S merchandise sales and packet pick-up.
- In additional to the lodge, limited camping is available at Bear Creek Lodge if you want to be close to the start line in the morning. Reservations required – mention S2S when making a reservation.
- We are thrilled to be finishing the race this year in front of the acclaimed Trinity at City Beach Park. Trinity will be serving lunch/dinner (menu coming soon).
- In 2013, Race Participants and Volunteers enjoyed a pint on us from one of our beer garden sponsors: Laughing Dog Brewing, Good Life Brewing and 10 Barrel Brewing Company. We are working on our plans for our 2014 finish line celebration and will post them as soon as they are available.
- Plan to spend the day at City Beach Park enjoying the beach, swimming, music, food, beer garden and finish line festivities.
- Sandpoint is a vacation destination and we encourage you to stay the weekend with family and friends. Lodging suggestions:
- The finish line is located in front of the Best Western Plus Edgewater Resort.
- Sandpoint Vacation Rentals - 208-263-7570
- Dover Bay Bungalows – Cute, new 1-3 bedroom rental cabins on the water 5 miles from the finish line